Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Week Six- The Struggle Begins

Week Six Progress Pictures




Week Six is proving to be a very large challenge! No cheat meal was granted at the end of begging the week, which was a real turn off for me! In fact, I was down right pissed off! Sunday cheat meals, well, they hold a special place in my heart! 



While the diet seemed to be easy the first few weeks, this week show otherwise. Making the meals every two weeks has started to get tedious. Plus the lack of bread is just down right sad! The low carb days tend to make the following days morning workout, a large struggle.  Carbs convert to sugar, which help the body run that much better. When you take the carbs away, your body if forced o use its reserves. When you are taking from your reserves, your body tries to conserve it, so moving and lifting weights seem to be a travel. And this is my deduction from this experience!
The high carb days are by far my favorite! I also like to call them my re-fuel day! Though it is still a largely limited amount! Its way better than Day Three of my meal plan! 

In the end, I am channeling my inner willpower! Hoping I make it through next week without any hiccups! Fingers crossed for me! After all the dogs jar of peanut butter is starting to look good!


Favorite Shoulder Exercises!

Alternating Front raises- This exercise is a real challenge! So if you are new to this, I would suggest using 5 LBS weights! You will want to start with the weigh in one hand, then raise it strait in front of you. Don't bend your elbows or swing your body to get the weight into place. You will then bring that arm down, then repeat with your alternate arm. As this one is more challenging, maybe start with 10 reps of 3.

My weary mind forgot the name! (Will supply soon!)-  This movement, you will want a slightly heavier weight. So you will just want to use a single dumbbell or a kettle bell. I am using an 8 LBS kettle bell for the picture, but I generally use 15-20LBS. Start with both hands holding the weight in front of you. The pull up with you shoulder bending the elbows. The ending look should appear like the picture on the right. Elbows are reaching for my ears! You will want to follow the same rep scheme as listed above :)



On a side note, I did get some crafting done! This is from the Hunger Games, the first  scene with Jennifer Lawrence as Katness Everden. Very easy to make! And a lot of fun! 








Weekly Fixation: Pancakes!
Weekly weigh in: 147.6 lbs
Count Down until October 18th: 9 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment