Friday, August 15, 2014

Week 5- Never Trust the Vanilla Protein Powder

Week 5 Progress Picture!

Of all the things that I have learned from this challenge, it this. Never trust the vanilla protein shake! While it might be fine in the beginning, it soon gets old... and when it gets old, the challenge then becomes consuming it! I ended up spending an additional $40.00 on a mint chocolate chip protein shake. I'll still use the vanilla, but now I can space out the two flavors and make it a little more taste bud friendly!

Protein shakes are an excellent source of protein, as they state! But they should not be considered a full meal. If you are consuming 6 meals a day, well that is another thing. On my three day meal plan, I only have on protein shake meal without something to consume on the side. So far this is the rule that I have to follow, but then again, this could all change! Currently, its my 4 meal of the day on average. Which works well for me as I have have 3 pretty substantial meal prior to that!

As the weeks are flying by, I got word from my trainer to start the search and purchase of the bikini. Very Exciting! I found a woman that works out at my guy, that makes the bikinis for the girls that are competing of the various WBFF shows. So I think I'll giver her a try! If she works out, I will include her contact information!

The big news I have for this week, both my trainers Nadia Lopez and Larry Nolan WBFF Pro's, are competing in the WORLD's located in Vegas! Everyone cheer for them!

The moment you realize 
you still have cardo....



Leg exercise of choice...

Frog Squats: These babies are a great and painful leg work out. I say painful because you can feel the burn within seconds of starting this workout.  Start with both your hand and feet on the floor, with your booty up in the air. Bend you knees so that they hover an inch over the floor, then straiten your legs. You will want to complete a set of 20-25, for 3 rounds. Your hamstrings will burn!





Single leg deadlifts: This workout, along with regular deadlifts, are my favorite. Not only do you get a great butt workout, but it does the hamstrings as well. So you get an entire workout of the back thigh.  This does take a little bit of balance, so don't get frustrated if you have some balancing issues! Place all you weight onto one leg and bend over, keeping your back arched pulling your shoulder to your spine. The return to a standing position. Repeat this 15 time, for  total of 3 reps!






16% of my goal met for my GoFundMe page: http://www.gofundme.com/c3vetg



Weekly Fixation: Buffalo Wings!
Weekly weigh in: 147.4 lbs
Count Down until October 18th: 10 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment