Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Week Three- The Meal Prep Challenge!

 Week Three Progress Picture!



I am happy with this weeks progress picture! You can actually start to see the results, from all the effort I have placed forth! This week, I really wanted to put emphasis on the amount of effort that one needs to place on your diet when you are making any change to your body. The diet is about 80-90% of the diet, depending on what you are going for. Right now, I have to say my meal plan is 90% of the work!

Like I mentioned perviously, I eat 6 meals a day- which is a large amount of food. But this has helped to speed up my metabolism, so I am processing my food energy a lot faster than I normally would! Also, my diet is very low on cards! In fact I am currently battling a low card day today! You are get vary tired, very easily!

My meal prep is spaced out over two days, I make enough food to last me those two days. That was I can have a small break from cooking in between days. On top of that, my food is a lot fresher than it would be if I made a large amount to last a week at a time.

Chicken is the main protein of my diet! I would have to say that I eat chicken twice daily,with a break in between with either ground turkey or fish (and I hate fish...). The chicken I try to season as much as I can! Though staying away from any seasoning with salt in it, has been huge challenge. I am allowed a small amount of sea salt, but I like to lightly season my food after re-heating it.


My favorite carb would have to be my sweat potato or yams. I believe that I have perfected the right way to cook these, to the point I wish I could always eat these! Here is my favorite way to cook these bad boys:


  • Preheat the over to 375 degrees
  • Chop your yams or sweet potatoes into cubes
  • Add Chopped potatoes/yams to a mixing bowl and add 1 TSP of olive oils and seasonings. Make sure to season to taste!
  • Cook for 25-30 minutes, then check and flip selection
  • Cook for additional 2-10 minutes
  • Take out and cool for 5-10 minutes, then serve!
These will keep for about 5 days, so you can make extras and keep them in your fridge of later!



I also decide to add a few of my favorite type of exercise! Many of these can be completed at home with your basic free weights or body weight! This week I chose the triceps as this is a huge problem area! In fact I don't think many know that this muscle group! You know when you wave your arm and you have that flabby little shake... well that is the area your triceps sit!

Tricep Dips

 For the easy version of the tricep dips you just need one of your kitchen chairs. Hang your body over then end of the chair strait arms. Then you need to lower your body, staying as close to the chair as possible. The goal is to do as may reps as you can do until failure... so maybe 3 sets of 12 to start off!
 Once the easy version of the dips becomes easy, its time to change it up a little! Extend your legs, so that they lay strait out in from of you. Once again, lower yourself as close as possible to the chair. Again, do as much as you can... when you get to the point to your triceps are shaking! You have to put in the work to see the results!








Difficult... well is difficult! I took it a step further and placed an 8LBS kettle bell on my lap! When you first begin the difficult round, I would suggest starting without the weight! Grab another kitchen chair to put your feet up on! Then slowly lower yourself down, making sure to keep your elbows points back, not to the side!   The better your form, the better the results will be.








Please visit my GoFundMe page! This account is not just for the dress, but for the competition bikini I will have to get a well! Please swing by and show your support if you can: http://www.gofundme.com/c3vetg


Weekly Fixation: Cookies!! Any type of cookies!
Weekly weigh in: 149 lbs
Count Down until October 18th: 12 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment