Thursday, July 24, 2014

Week Two- The Weekly Routine

Week 2 Picture!

So far this challenge has been... well challenging! I fell that my first post was a little on the short side and you all... few as you are... didn't get the whole picture of who I am. I started my journey to fitness almost two years ago, October 17, 2012 to be exact! I weighed in at 186LBS and wore a size 12 in pants. So, needless to say, like all overweight people, I made a choice a few days prior that I wanted to live a healthier lifestyle.

About 4-5 years prior to by start at Hardcore, I had a minor surgery on my left knee. In order to stop my knee cap from grinding off its tract, I ending up having to have my lateral tendon removed. This really slowed down my gym activities and I wish I could say it was the main factor that I ended up gaining so much weigh... but really there is no excuse.. just sheer lazyness!

I chose Hardcore Fitness LA because my brother in law would not stop talking about the amazing results he had started to see, in such a short period of time. At that time, I believed that I was only a little, on the heavy side. Once I started working out at a crossfit gym, I quickly figured out that I was wrong... on so many levels! I began to push myself, both at the gym and at home. I had to strive to no only change my workout habits, but my eating habits too! And if you did not figure out from the first point, I am a french fry hound!

After a Solid 21 months, I now weigh 147.8LBS and currently wear size 4 pants. It has been a huge change in my life, a truly wonderful change, as I an now healthy and active once  more! Though not as active as I would like to be! On October 17, 2013, I ended up going in for another knee survey, this time on my right knee! The same procedure was repeated, and this knee I experienced a large amount of success! So far it has healed wonderfully! Though I am still limited with high impact activities: running, jumping, etc!

So now with all that being said! Let me start breaking down the daily routine! Working towards a competitive bikini body is a large amount of dedication and work! I wake up at... 4:30am, yes 4:30am, and it is a battle to get up EVERY morning! The only break I get in this schedule is on Saturday, wen my gym workouts start at 8am instead of the 5:15am workout that I complete weekly! I always take my black lab, Ned, with me when I go to the gym that early. He gets to go back to sleep while I work out, then at 6:20am its his turn! We head up the street to the local dog park and engage in a riveting game of fetch! In fact my instagram account if full of dog park pictures!

Once the dog park romp is completed, I head home to a wonderful breakfast, which is oatmeal and egg whites... some fruit included. It's by far my favorite meal... I get to put Walden Farms maple syrup in the oatmeal... liquid candy with low sugar and sodium! This is the first meal of 6, 6 huge meals! Once the battle of the plates are completed it time to go to work. I then head to the office, during which I will consume my three additional meals 2-3 hours apart. Gotta speed up that metabolism!

Finally at the end of the workday, I head back to Hardcore Fitness Bootcamp, to do a session of cardio! I live in Southern California, and it gets hot... especially in a gym without an air conditioner! This week was not so bad! As the hottest it got was 88 degrees, so the swamp cooler was a huge help.

My favorite cardio workout it the stationary bikes, but for a challenging workout I use the StairMaster. This is guaranteed to make your booty work... though it's a little challenging after a leg day! Cardio completed, I head home to meal # 5! After this, depending on the day, I then start cooking my meals for the next two days. Lots of protein and veggies! This is the most challenging part of the day, cooking for the next few days! By 8:30pm I have my last meal and then head to bed, so I can do the same routine all over again the next morning.

 Fingers crossed that next week goes smoothly! Hears hoping I make it through another climb of a week :)



Weekly Fixation: Mint Chip Ice Cream!
Weekly weigh in: 147.8lbs
Count Down until October 18th: 13weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment