Thursday, July 17, 2014

The First Week

Week one Picture


The first week of the journey has been, as cliché as I can be, a rough one! I never imagined the amount of work that I would need to complete, to gain the level of fitness needed for a WBFF competition! I knew that the amount of physical activity would be daunting! But I had no idea the challenges I would face when it came to the DIET!

When I say diet, I do not mean the traditional dieting that everyone thinks about! Hey, I don't have that much weight to lose! But for this competition, its all about your physique. Meaning you muscle tone and over all put together appearance. No overly bulging muscles, no, they want the nice and toned look.

I'll give you a prime example! The amazingly gorgeous woman on the right is my trainer, Nadia Lopez, and let me tell you, she is amazing! Currently she is training for her own fitness competition that takes place in Las Vegas, the WBFF Worlds, and she is considered a top athlete in her sport.

Anyway! Back to the talk about the diet, because it is a point of fixation in my life at the moment! I have to consume 6 meals a day! The meals contain balanced carbs(like brown rice), protein, and veggies. Some fats are included, like nuts...

These meals are eaten every few hours, and I must say, it is more food than I am use to eating. In fact most mornings I have trouble finishing the first meal! sometimes these meals can feel a little on the bland side, but some low sodium/sugar condiments are expectable. Which are greatly helping to make the meal more enjoyable!

But, so far, from the first week, I have learned to appreciate the little things in life... like french fries...


Weekly Fixation: French Fries
Weekly weigh in: 148lbs
Count Down until October 18th: 14 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment