Saturday, September 13, 2014

Week Eight- Traveling While Training

Week 8 Progress Picture

So week #8 I spent traveling from the LA Area in California, to Port Angeles in Washington State! It is about a 1,200 mile drive up, so if you ever take the trip, make sure you have a great travel buddy! I started training early, so I would not have to worry about the diet and exercise while gone travel. Boy was I mistaken! Nadia quickly corrected me on that one!

I would have to maintain my diet and my daily workout routine while I traveled! Which is VERY challenging, PRIOD. I had to pack two medium ice chest into my car, one to hold my veggies and small amount of fruit and one to hold my proteins and egg whites! I started with hard boil eggs, as those were the easiest to travel with. BUT, keep in mind, unless you have a constitution of stone, the hard boiled eggs can get old real fast! 

I had a fellow competitor give me a few tips before I left for my travels, her biggest tip- a hot pot! It is very easy to boil you egg whites in this fashion! You just place the egg whites into a zip lock bag and place it in the boiling water for about 5 minutes. Then you are good to go! It was a real life saver! 

The first day of travel I started off at Hardcore Fitness, I had to get my last day of the week workout in! Then Sunday would be my rest day! My cousin was my travel buddy and she was down to joining me in the torture sessions Nadia would be assigning to me! It turned out to be a crazy cardio workout that had me almost crawling out of the gym. So a quick coffee break was needed before I hit the road! This was supplied by my roommate, who has a fresh pot brewing as soon as I walked in the door!

Two days up were spent in a car, with one stop taking place in Eugene Washington to visit a friend. There we did go out to dinner and I was able to ask for a specific meal. So no cooking that night! The rest of my meal for the next 12hours, where made in the comfort of their kitchen :)

Next stop was in Seattle Washington, where I met up with a long time friend, Kendra! Took a tour of the underground city and then enjoyed a fantastic lunch... which I made with the supplies I have. Kendra and my travel buddy enjoyed the cafe at the Underground tour location! 

Traveling while on the diet did prove to be interesting, as I had to find somewhere to pull over every 2.5 to 3 hours. But, it was great for setting up the time table for us to switch out driving... my cousin has a little bit of a lead foot... it was sometime scary!

Now, lets talk about the workouts, which were complete wherever I was currently staying. In Eugene, I had a time full body workout, which took place out front of my Friends apartment. Lot of thumbs up from people who passed by, followed by a cardio workout on her treadmill. Day two found my cousin and I working out in the motel room. Leg and abs, we were crammed together, but we made it work. The underground proved to be a great cardio workout, as there were stairs to climb, uneven ground to concur and lots of uphill walking!

Day three I had reached my destination, Port Angeles Washington. Here I had a trailer, a very fancy trailer, to stay in with my cousin. For this workout we had a back and bi workout, it was a little one the funny side, as my aunt kept walking by with a huge smile on her face. I think she enjoyed watching us bounce around like crazy people. The cardio session was follow by a creek walk, which I ended up scratching my arm up doing. I am sure you can easily notice it in the above picture!

The following days where the same, work out first thing in the morning, then go out for a hike! One evening found us out crab fishing! My favorite thing to do while in Washington! This vacation I did get some leniency from my trainer, in the form of a small serving of crap and my last cheat meal/refeed meal. My re-feed meal was at a fantastic Asian place called SoHo! Amazing atmosphere and food. If you are ever then, make sure you stop by!

Finally, the time arrived for the trek back to Southern California. I maintained my diet, the same way I did for the way up! Also, there was a quick stop at the Woodbury Outlets for more workout clothes. This is located in Oregon and there is no sales tax. I highly suggest stopping if you can :)

The whole trip was a lot of fun, though it would have been better if I was not in training! I know my next trip up will not be in the timeframe of a competition or big activity like the one I am currently engaged in! My fixation is total Kendra's fault, as she stopped at a carmel apple store with my cousin to get one! I chewed gum, while the savored a cheese cake coated apple :/



Weekly Fixation: Carmel Apples!
Weekly weigh in: 145lbs
Count Down until October 18th: 7 weeks




No comments:

Post a Comment